The St. Michael’s School dress code, as with most school dress codes, is designed to add a sense of common purpose and dignity to our day-to-day work. A dress code also goes a long way toward eliminating potential distractions about who is wearing what brand and the sometimes implicit and explicit judgement students may make about the appearance and dress of others.
Read the Uniform Policy in the Parent-Student Handbook.
- School uniforms are required on school days at all times while on campus.
- School colors: navy blue, red and white
- Uniform tops: navy blue, red or white polo shirts, button-downs or blouses
- Uniform bottoms: navy blue or khaki shorts, pants, capris, skirts or skorts
- Uniform plaid pattern: Hunter/Classic Navy Plaid for skirts or jumpers. View the hunter/classic navy plaid.
- All students are required to have at least one St. Michael’s red polo shirt embroidered with the school logo for fieldtrips, class pictures, etc.
- Students in Grades 5-8 are required to dress out for P.E. class in the new athletics uniform available online through Lands’ End.
- Periodically, students will be granted a relaxed dress day.
Parents are welcome to shop for uniforms at any clothing retailer. Simply follow the dress code guidance in the Parent-Student Handbook. Please note that the P.E. uniform is only available through Lands’ End.
For your shopping convenience, St. Michael’s has established a school uniform store with Lands’ End that offers a wide variety of clothing options by gender and grade – all of which are dress-code approved! No need to cross-check with the handbook.
Typically in late July, mid-November and March, St. Michael’s Angels & Vaqueros (SMAV) parent alliance hosts a Uniform Exchange to provide a cost-effective and organized format for purchasing or exchanging gently-used uniforms.