- Steps to Apply
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Making St. Michael’s Affordable
- Tax Credit Opportunities
The most valuable gift that a parent can give a child is an excellent education in a safe and stimulating community. St. Michael’s is dedicated to providing a rich academic, spiritual, and cultural experience for its students. Children are selected for admission to the school on the basis of academic potential, developmental maturity, school achievement, and readiness for the school’s program.
In all cases, the school retains the right to determine, at its sole discretion, whether or not to select a student for admission or to re-enroll a student. The Admissions Committee, comprised of administrators and faculty, makes recommendations to the Head of School, who has the ultimate authority in deciding admissions and re-enrollment. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked wait pool. As openings occur, the Admissions Committee decides which candidate(s) to offer a position, based on the overall profile of the class, the match between the needs and qualifications of the student and the needs of the school. Admissions decisions are made without regard to financial status.
It is the policy of the school not to discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, or disability which is unrelated to the ability to enjoy the benefits of the school’s programs, facilities, or services. St. Michael’s welcomes applications from all persons.
Why Choose St. Michael’s
- St. Michael’s accelerated liberal arts program, founded on challenging academics, dynamic fine arts, integrated technology, and comprehensive athletics, inspires your child to achieve.
- Small classes of 14-19 and an overall teacher ratio of 11:1 enable teachers to know each student well and provide personalized instruction.
- The vibrant community embraces families from all religious traditions and walks of life and is supported by active parent volunteers. Regular school-wide events celebrate local traditions, religious holidays, and student performances.
- Spiritual development, chapel experiences, and community service build ethical and moral citizens who strive to work for the common good. High personal standards of school citizenship and leadership form the cornerstone of St. Michael’s student life.
- Talented academic professionals bring the accelerated curriculum to life, building critical thinking skills and individual abilities in an atmosphere of differentiated instruction. Current best educational practices are integrated and continually adapted.
- From the original Joesler-designed campus, our Southwestern architecture continues to be centered around traditional academic courtyards, creating a stimulating environment for learning and extending the classroom to the outdoors.
- Following more than 50 years of educational excellence, our students continually achieve in the top 15% of all students nationally on standardized tests.
- Student teams compete year round in the Tucson Independent Athletic League. All middle school students are guaranteed active team placement in any sport.
- Uniforms alleviate wardrobe choices and encourage a respectful atmosphere.
- Enrichment activities—such as drama, karate, dance, chess, sports, band, ceramics, art extensions, and piano—are offered on campus conveniently after school. All students have frequent opportunities in musical performance, art exposition, and curriculum-based field trips.