In partnership with local, regional, and national health agencies and schools, St. Michael’s continues to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pima County Department of Health and the State of Arizona to inform our decisions regarding the health and well-being of all persons in the St. Michael’s community.
Pima County Health Department
School Community Health and Safety Page
Arizona Department of Health Services
COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus Updates
Over the summer of 2020, St. Michael’s implemented a number of changes and upgrades to the campus in order to mitigate risk and keep our students, families, faculty and staff safe.
- Classroom reconfigurations to maximize social distancing
- Single desks were purchased to replace double desks
- Air purifiers and air conditioning units were added to the upper school to allow for proper air flow.
- Personal protective equipment was purchased in bulk to provide a masks to all students, faculty and staff.
- New handwashing stations were added at several locations on campus, and all classrooms were stocked with hand sanitizer to keep germs at bay.
- Internet capability was expanded, and additional software and tech devices were purchased to ensure connectivity with our students wherever they may be.
- An isolation room was constructed in the nurse’s office to safely and comfortably separate symptomatic students until a parent/guardian arrives.