In partnership with local, regional, and national health agencies and schools, St. Michael’s continues to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pima County Department of Health and the State of Arizona to inform our decisions regarding the health and well-being of all persons in the St. Michael’s community. We will be updating this page regularly to share information about the School’s preparations and responses.
Over the summer of 2020, St. Michael’s implemented a number of changes and upgrades to the campus in order to mitigate risk and keep our students, families, faculty and staff safe.
- Classroom reconfigurations to maximize social distancing
- Single desks were purchased to replace double desks
- Air purifiers and air conditioning units were added to the upper school to allow for proper air flow.
- Personal protective equipment was purchased in bulk to provide a mask and face shield to all students, faculty and staff.
- New handwashing stations were added at several locations on campus, and all classrooms were stocked with hand sanitizer to keep germs at bay.
- Internet capability was expanded, and additional software and tech devices were purchased to ensure connectivity with our students wherever they may be.
- An isolation room is being constructed in the nurse’s office to safely and comfortably separate symptomatic students until a parent/guardian arrives.
Health Assessment Charts
Physical Health-related Resources
Pima County COVID-19 Data Reports (Pima County Health Department)
COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus Updates (Arizona Department of Health Services)
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Guidelines (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO) Updates (World Health Organization)
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Map (Johns Hopkins University)
Social and Emotional Health-related Resources
Podcast: Coronavirus Fact vs. Fiction (CNN Podcasts)
Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (CDC)
Mental Health during COVID-19 (National Institute of Mental Health)
Tips for creating and maintaining healthy habits during COVID-19. (Medstar Health)