April 27, 2020
St. Michael’s is excited to announce Mrs. Maria Elena Iturralde as the new K-4 Spanish teacher, beginning fall of 2020. Mrs. Iturralde graduated from the University of Arizona with a B.A. in Elementary Education (Bilingual), and is a veteran teacher with over twenty years of experience. She previously taught PreK-5th grade Spanish at Castle Hill, and brings a diverse skill set, having worked as an early literacy coach, and an interpreter for the City of Tucson Municipal Courts. We are delighted to have her expertise on staff, and look forward to welcoming her to our community in the fall.
As we say hello to Mrs. Iturralde, we will be saying goodbye to Mrs. Redhouse, who has been teaching at St. Michael’s for the last seven years. For those of you who do not know, Mrs. Redhouse is a Grammy Nominated Native American jazz vocalist and musician, and performs regularly around town and throughout the southwest. We thank her for her good work, and wish her the best in her next adventures.
We are heading into the homestretch! As we move into these last three weeks of remote learning, there are some exciting things to look forward to:
- Art Expo Online – Ms. Allen and Mrs. Faltico have finished scanning student work and are preparing for the online show, tentatively scheduled for May 15th.
- Soar with the Eagles Award – we are gathering teacher videos and putting a montage together to celebrate our K-8 Eagle Award winners, to be presented the last week of school (May 18th-21st).
- Teacher Appreciation Week – May 4th-8th
- End of Year Class Parties – be on the lookout for more information from your child’s classroom teacher regarding end of year celebrations.
- There will not be any additional assignments or projects given after May 15th
- Students may continue to submit work through Thursday, May 21st.
- Summer work packets and reading lists will be provided digitally the last week of school
- School devices must be returned to the classroom teacher the week of May 18th
I couldn’t resist sharing the following video with you. For those of you who are having to participate in work meetings via Zoom or conference calls, this should all look very familiar!
You are doing an amazing job! Thank you for helping us make this a positive, successful experience for our kids.
Lower School Division Director
Return to the Distance Learning Page