Head of School
St. Michael’s Episcopal School
Tucson, AZ United States
K – 8 300 Students
Position Starts: July 1, 2018
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
St. Michael’s School is seeking a respected educator and experienced leader to continue and foster
the School’s mission to foster the intellectual, physical, ethical, and spiritual development of its
students. St. Michael’s fulfills this mission in a traditional Episcopalian setting, that nourishes a
pluralistic community of students and faculty from all social, economic, ethnic, and religious
The new Head will be a gifted communicator who is able to reach out and respond to students,
parents, faculty, staff, and Board, along with the Rector and Vestry of the Episcopal Church of St.
Michael and All Angels (https://www.smallangelstucson.org/). The new Head of School will be a
respected educator and experienced administrator who leads both through vision and by personal
example. The successful candidate will have skills in management, teambuilding, organization,
marketing and finances, as well as possess a genuine love for and rapport with children. The Head
of School need not be Episcopalian, but must embrace the philosophy and spiritual commitment
of St. Michael’s.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate are:
- Master’s degree in education or equivalent.
- Experience in school administration and elementary or middle school teaching.
- Appreciation for the Anglican tradition of collegial education and human formation.
- Excellence in writing and public speaking.
- Ability to lead fundraising efforts incorporating a variety of methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development.
- Willingness to represent the School within the larger community.
- Commitment to embrace and enhance the legacy and values of the School.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter highlighting their interest and suitability
for the position, and a statement of educational philosophy and leadership, as attachments to:
Search Committee, St. Michael’s School