St. Michael’s School, an independent, K-8 Episcopal school, is seeking an experienced middle school Science teacher to join our faculty for the 2017-18 academic year.
The Science teacher will be part of the teaching team for instruction in Science for the 7th and 8th grade, focusing on Life and Physical Science. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and dynamic teacher to join a community that works with motivated students in a rigorous academic program. Successful candidates should demonstrate a cooperative spirit with an engaging teaching style and the ability to create a collaborative learning environment. Our faith-based community is inclusive and celebrates diversity, creating a rich, character-building learning environment.
- Teaching five sections of Science, which includes Life and Physical Science with an infusion of STEM investigations
- Emphasis on the scientific method and experiential, lab-based learning, which includes instruction and supervision of independent science fair projects
- Advisory duties that require the daily oversight of a small group of students, which includes the ability to build relationships with parents and maintain open lines of communication
- Active participation in school-wide events such as Field Day, Art Expo, and Fine Arts performances
- Chaperone assignments that include middle school dances, field trips, and overnight class trips
Minimum Requirements/Preferred Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Science, with teaching certification
- A strong background in middle school teaching, preferably with two or more years of experience
- An ability to infuse technology effectively in a 1:1 device environment
- An understanding of the developmental needs of middle school students
- An upbeat, collegial disposition that maintains a growth mindset and creates an inclusive, positive learning environment
- The stamina, strength and desire to participate fully in week-long, strenuous class trips that potentially include hiking, kayaking, and extensive walking
How to Apply
- Applicants may submit a brief cover letter, teaching philosophy statement, and resume to Tracy Holsinger, Administrative Coordinator, at email@example.com
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. St. Michael’s offers a comprehensive benefits package.
St. Michael’s School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, religion, or disability in its employment policies or school programs.